Bilingual Senior Corporate Counsel - Remote Canada at Cision
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:38 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, May 28, 2022
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
This individual is responsible for orchestrating end-to-end management of the negotiation process of customer contracts inclusive of; partnering and supporting the Commercial and Sales teams and customers across the North American region, championing best practice contract administration, and providing legal counsel on contractual and business issues, as well as product development, to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with all contractual requirements.
Key Accountabilities :
- Independently draft and negotiate commercial contracts for various business units including NDAs, subscription agreements, partnership agreements, IOs and data use agreements.
- Manage the negotiation process adhering to corporate standards and protocol including but not limited to, negotiating customer contracts, facilitating the preparation and execution of contracts, and managing the continuous enhancement of customer contract workflow.
- Collaborate with Sales teams and customers, lead meetings as necessary throughout the negotiation process to gain an understanding of potential risks, and assist with deal-closing. Advise Sales teams on customer contracts, products, sales, disputes and terminations, and other inquiries.
- Maintain records of contract activity for benchmark purposes, draft and reinforce processes to improve overall contract administration, and champion compliance and accuracy of content with stakeholders to ensure the integrity of all contracts.
- Coordinate training and awareness activities with all key stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure contractual agreements in place are clear, fair, and legally binding.
- Advise on various other commercial initiatives within Cision which may include compliance activities and policies.
- Review key RFPs and proposal responses for legal compliance and support the RFP Coordinators in responding to tender requests to win new customers and business.
- Research and analyze various legal issues, and perform other duties as required.
- LLB or JD is required. Working knowledge and/or experience of both common and civil law is preferred. LLM is an asset.
- At least 5-7 years of experience as a lawyer with 3-5 years of experience working in-house, drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements.
- Strong familiarity with software legal / licensing concepts and industry standard positions related to intellectual property, limitations of liability, indemnification, warranties and disclaimers, etc.
- Strong familiarity with technology and/or software-as-a-service (SaaS) licensing and data privacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pragmatic, commercially-minded, and practical ability to evaluate and balance risk against commercial benefit.
- Fluency in French/English, oral and written is advantageous.
- Working knowledge and broad exposure to the service sector and commercial law is required.
- Working knowledge of privacy and anti-spamming laws across North America and EMEA, including without limitation, California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), CAN-SPAM, Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is required.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with Sales teams customers and other commercial lawyers – internally and externally – is required.
- Working knowledge and expertise drafting or working with RFP responses, tender and sales documents is an asset.
- In-depth attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with key internal stakeholders in various levels within the organizational hierarchy.
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines in a service-oriented and sales-driven environment.
- Organized, efficient and able to handle multiple tasks with ease and professionalism. Self-directed, results-oriented and able to work independently.
- Computer skills, especially Microsoft Office. Basic knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM software is preferred.
- Willingness to master new and unfamiliar areas of practice.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.
More Information on Cision
Cision operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL and Houston, TX. Cision was founded in 1867. It has 2736 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 74 open jobs at Cision, click here.
Read Full Job Description