Associate Legal Counsel, Commercial & Technology Transactions at Alloy
Alloy is an Identity Decisioning Platform and supports innovative fintech companies and banks to manage KYC, AML, and other components of client onboarding. Alloy’s single API enables its clients to access over 60 third party data sources in real-time to improve decision-making and streamline client experiences. We're backed by venture capital firms that have taken countless companies to IPO like Bessemer Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Eniac Ventures, and others and well positioned to bring on incredibly talented individuals to help take us to the next level! Come join one of Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces to work!
We're rapidly growing and looking for a talented attorney to join our growing legal team. Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, you will serve as our third attorney and will cover a diverse array of areas, including commercial transactions, product counseling, and regulatory compliance. This is an exciting opportunity to help build out the legal function at a rapidly growing tech company.What you’ll be doing
- Negotiate distribution and partnership deals, SaaS agreements, and other complex technology transactions with leading financial institutions, fintechs, and technology and data companies
- Deliver pragmatic, business-oriented advice across internal functions including Product, Engineering, Sales, and People
- Partner closely with our growth team to structure and negotiate new business deals
- Support the ongoing enhancement of company-wide compliance infrastructure
- Spearhead the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and processes
- Analyze laws and regulations relevant to Alloy and its clients
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school with admission to a state bar
- At least 3+ years of experience including time at a top tier law firm and/or in-house of relevant experience
- Substantial experience drafting and negotiating technology agreements, including SaaS and technology distribution agreements
- Experience advising on data privacy and intellectual property matters
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing)
- Team-player, ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to work independently
- We're open to a flexible start date!
- Experience working with regulated financial institutions
- Familiarity with BSA/AML requirements
- Interest in fintech, regtech, and/or identity management
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work policy; we are remote for most roles!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA employer contribution, FSA, and FSA dependent programs
- 401k with 100% match up to 4% with immediate vesting and eligibility
- $500 to set up your WFH space - a one time thing
- Monthly commuter contribution
- Monthly credits for groceries from Public Goods
- Monthly credits for Seamless
- Monthly wellness credits to ClassPass
- Annual Citi Bike membership
- Annual $1,000 learning & development stipend
- 4 free therapy sessions and 3 months of talk therapy
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately and opportunities for growth are abundant at our scaling company. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?How to Apply
Apply right here! You've found the application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive interview experience and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with visible and invisible disabilities. We encourage applicants to share needed accommodations with their recruiter.