Associate General Counsel at Lovevery (Remote)
Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Our play products are designed by child development experts and distilled to their simplest, purest purpose: to be exactly what children need at each stage. We support our community of parents with world class content rooted in the same science-based approach. Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018. Our net promoter score (NPS) is 85.
We are looking for an Associate General Counsel to support our company and teams on a wide range of day-to-day legal matters. Reporting to the General Counsel, the Associate GC will be responsible for providing high quality legal and business judgment as well as drafting expertise on a variety of issues such as commercial contracts, general corporate matters, and compliance. The Associate General Counsel will be involved in a variety of corporate legal projects as the company continues its exciting growth, building new products (physical and digital) and expanding globally.
- Provide general corporate legal services and counsel, under the direction of the General Counsel.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts, licenses, other technology transfer agreements, supporting the company’s business teams, including, in particular, digital marketing and content creation.
- Prepare and update company policies and procedures.
- Manage non-disclosure agreements, employee confidential information agreements, and maintenance of confidential information protections across organization.
- Assist in readiness for potential initial public offering and other capital markets transactions.
- Support expansion into new markets and formation of subsidiaries.
- Work with the Lovevery Product Development team on compliance matters.
- Assist General Counsel and partner with outside counsel on issues and matters as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a licensed attorney with a combination of Big Law and in-house counsel experience in corporate and securities, contracting, and general commercial matters.
- Law license in good standing in one of the 50 United States; no disciplinary history from any professional organization (e.g., state bar).
- JD from an accredited US law school. Candidates will need to provide both law school and undergraduate GPAs.
- Capital raising, IPO, and other deal-related experience is highly desirable.
- Consumer products experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; a recent writing sample will be required.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Organized self-starter with an ability to follow guidance carefully but provide independent input where appropriate.
- Reputation for good judgment and detail orientation.
- This is a remote position. Occasional travel to Boise, ID and/or other locations may be required.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package
- 3 weeks PTO in year 1 +14 paid holidays
- Generous parental leave
- Any equipment you need to get the job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Remote working option available anywhere in the US
- Global summits in Boise to meet your colleagues IRL
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.