Associate General Counsel (SEC & Corporate Governance) at Billtrust (Remote)
Billtrust’s legal department is looking for an Associate General Counsel to join our corporate legal team. You will be integral in providing legal support and advice to our fast growing B2B SaaS business.
- Work closely across multiple departments, and provide professional legal and business guidance and advice to senior management and corporate teams on a variety of legal and regulatory matters.
- Provide advice and counsel to the company and senior management on general corporate and corporate governance matters, public company (SEC) reporting requirements, complex technology transactions, privacy laws and compliance regulations, litigation, intellectual property matters, and other legal matters.
- Report to the Chief Legal Officer, collaborate and build valuable relationships across the company, with outside counsel, and establish priorities independently.
- 15+ years of relevant legal experience at a large recognized law firm and/or publicly traded in-house legal department and strong academic credentials
- Hands on experience and expertise in public company reporting including advice on securities laws and regulations, drafting of periodic reports including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, section 16/beneficial ownership requirements, Nasdaq listing requirements, and experience with Regulation FD, financial disclosures, and insider trading laws
- Experience in and expertise in corporate, M&A, and public company governance
- Experience with complex technology/SaaS transactions and software/technology licensing, and working collaboratively and proactively with sales and business development
- Experience in privacy laws and regulations including CPRA and GDPR preferred
- Ability to provide expert advice to the company and senior management on legal, regulatory and risk matters in a business-centric and collaborative manner
- An exceptional communicator and confident negotiator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to influence others and explain complex concepts to non-lawyer team members.
- A keen attention to detail and organization with strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure, work independently, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- A team-player with the ability to work collaboratively across various functions and with colleagues at all levels developing processes to solve problems and strengthen partnerships
- Bar admission in good standing in at least one state
SALARY RANGE BELOW FOR COLORADO BASED APPLICANTS ONLY
Target Base Compensation: $227,000 - $280,000 (bonus and equity offered in addition to base compensation)
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for Colorado-based hires only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Billtrust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location. We encourage you to apply and speak with our Talent Acquisition team to learn more about the total compensation package.
- Work from Anywhere: One of our state of the art offices, your home, a café.... you decide!
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
- Flexible Working Hours: We support your lifestyle- the results are what count.
- Equity: So that every employee is a shareholder and is aligned on building our company’s value.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Sabbatical: A paid leave to reward longevity and commitment to Billtrust.
- Paid Parental Leave: To promote parent-child bonding and increase gender equity at home and in the workplace.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Founders Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, HSA, and life, cancer, and AD&D insurance.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $50B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 20 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape. #LI-Remote