Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
The Associate Broker position reports to the Designated Broker (Market Ops Broker). The Associate Broker position is responsible for ensuring compliance with state and local real estate licensing rules/regulations, in addition to all policies and procedures for Opendoor Brokerage. You will work closely with Agents and Market Ops Brokers to ensure transaction requirements are compliant and meet Opendoor Brokerage Standards. You will focus on quality control when advising on contract changes, contract composition and oversee all contract compliance. Additionally, you will support the relationships between the brokerage and state associations of Real Estate, MLSs and Department of Real Estates bodies ensuring good standing with all memberships.
- Develop, refine and implement brokerage policies & procedures.
- Develop, deliver, and inform contract training curriculum for agents.
- Ensure the brokerage and agents are adhering to all company policies and procedures while abiding by all state and national Fair Housing and real-estate laws.
- Ongoing development and nurturing of Department of Real Estate and Local Associations.
- Work with brokers to define and monitor successful sales and operations strategies in cooperation with senior management.
- Drive consistency and quality in operational processes.
- Keeping real estate forms/document checklists up-to-date.
- Work with the Market Ops Broker as well as Agent Experience Managers to ensure data accuracy and compliance.
- Provide superior customer support to all of our agents and support staff
- Ensure licensee, office and transaction records are in full compliance and audit ready at all times.
- Responsible for Key Performance Indicators specific to compliance metrics
Qualifications and Traits
- Must have an active broker licensed in GA
- Strong understanding of the real estate industry and all state and national
- Fair Housing and real-estate laws to ensure compliance.
- Two+ years experience with brokerage risk management and quality control transaction file review.
- Must have an active broker real estate license in the applicable state(s)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to self-manage, take initiative, yet feel comfortable asking for direction.
- Professional demeanor, high level of attention to detail.
- Technologically savvy and quick learner.
- Full competence or experienced user of Electronic Forms Platforms (ZipForms,
- TransactionDesk) and Electronic Signature Software Platforms (Docusign, Hellosign).
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description