Assistant General Counsel - Global Litigation at GoDaddy (Remote)
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
- Implement a cohesive and consistent global litigation strategy with respect to a broad range of commercial, regulatory, intellectual property, privacy, and online platform liability matters
- Manage GoDaddy’s global docket of litigation, pre-litigation, regulatory, and other dispute-related matters, including instruction of external counsel and engagement with GoDaddy’s insurers, government agencies and counterparts at other companies in the industry
- Advise senior leadership and business partners on the litigation risk associated with novel legal developments, business decisions and strategic objectives, including with respect to M&A due diligence, product development and customer lifecycle management
- Support internal teams managing subpoena compliance and third-party data requests from private litigants, law enforcement and government and industry regulators
- Engage with GoDaddy’s global security operations team to help assess, resolve and, where necessary, raise security issues
- Evolve current internal processes, procedures and training related to legal hold management, e-discovery, insurance claims submission, and outside counsel budget and reporting requirements
- Coordinate reserve analyses and legal disclosures with GoDaddy’s Finance team, and prepare materials bound for review by GoDaddy’s Board of Directors and its committees
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years as a practicing attorney specializing in litigation, with 7+ years spent as a commercial litigator in private practice conducting depositions, preparing witnesses, and arguing substantive motions
- Substantive experience with legal issues specific to online platform liability, Internet technology, ecommerce, class actions, and government investigations; experience representing and/or working for domain registrars and hosting providers strongly preferred
- Leadership role within private practice or corporate litigation department, with proficiency in advising senior executives and engaging in pragmatic decision-making
- Ability to manage complex litigation portfolio on a global scale with a laser-like focus on consistency and big picture strategy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and a keen attention to detail
- Thriving as part of a collaborative and fun team committed to driving value in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Being able to work independently and collaboratively and manage multiple projects in an efficient and prompt manner
We are deeply committed to GoDaddy’s mission to make opportunity more inclusive for all by fueling a new generation of entrepreneurial endeavors – commercial, civic & creative! Our ideal candidate would share our passion for this work!
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.