Assistant General Counsel, Corporate at Celonis
We are hiring an Assistant General Counsel - Corporate to support our organization and report into the Chief Legal Officer. This experienced leader will partner across our global organization to help manage all corporate matters, including general corporate, governance mergers and acquisitions, investments and securities. A successful candidate will provide pragmatic, creative, collaborative and solution-oriented Legal support throughout the company and proven experience in a hyper growth environment.
The work you'll do:
- Lead complex strategic transactions - including M&A, strategic investments and corporate financing transactions, including drafting and negotiating terms sheets, definitive acquisition documents, managing due diligence processes
- Work cross-functionally with internal business partners to assist with the integration of newly acquired companies.
- Manage/oversee corporate record keeping
- Review and advise on marketing, PR, real estate and other general corporate matters
- Review and prepare board and committee materials, communications, minutes, and resolutions
- Advise on governance issues relating to all foreign and domestic subsidiaries
The qualifications you need:
- JD and membership in good standing with at least one state bar
- 7+ years of global corporate experience, including securities law, M&A, public company governance and compliance in both law firm and in-house environments
- Experience with supporting a public company, including ongoing SEC reporting and assisting corporate secretary functions required.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with executives
- Mix of roles at a law firm and in-house preferred
- Ability to pragmatically weigh risks and benefits of complex situations
- Attitude that no project is too big or too small
- Comfort working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working with people and forging strong relationships
- Strong experience creating and scaling processes and policies for a rapidly growing company
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better .