Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Prepare, run and post-process full-vehicle and sub-system CFD simulations
- Correlate CFD simulations with both scale and full-scale wind tunnel tests
- Compile and present reports with simulation results
- Collaborate with the Studio, Body, Chassis, Thermal and NVH teams
- Propose solutions to issues when found
- Develop and improve CFD scripts and methodologies to streamline and optimize the Aerodynamic pre-process and post-process operations
- Lead individual efforts and perform as part of cross-functional team
- Engineering (Mechanical or Aerospace) Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited University
- CAD or class A surfacing experience (CATIA, Solidworks, NX, ALIAS)
- Geometry and Mesh Preparation experience (ANSA, ICEM)
- CFD software experience (OpenFOAM, StarCCM+, Fluent, Powerflow)
- Simulation post-processing experience (Meta, Fieldview, STARCCM+, Paraview)
- Proven track record of problem solving and independent root cause analysis
- 5+ years’ experience in external aerodynamics analysis preferred
- HPC/Cloud computing experience
- Wind tunnel testing experience desirable but not mandatory
- Automotive/Motorsport/FSAE experience desirable
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.