Web Engineering Intern at Lunchbox Technologies (Atlanta, GA)
Summer Internship Dates: 05/31/22 - 08/19/22
Please Note: There will be multiple interviews on Zoom, taking place on Thursday, April 28th and Friday, April 29th. The first interview will be a 45 minute technical interview, and the second 30 minute interview will be a more general conversation to learn about your background. There will possibly be an additional interview with leadership on 05/02 or 05/03. We will be extending offers for successful candidates the week of 05/02.
*Please apply to only one Lunchbox Engineering Summer Internship*
What We Are
We’re a collection of enterprise solutions that redefine the digital restaurant experience. You might find us a little biased, but not in this category; we’re committed and unwavering to our mission and initiatives — all day and everyday. You can’t put us in a box because we’re the whole package. We’re an exceedingly savvy team of tech and food enthusiasts. We help build out performance tools to drive guests to restaurants — and only restaurants!
Lunchbox is for restaurateurs, by restaurateurs, and we’re shouting that from the rooftops! We’re led by food people who care. Our team has won some fun culture awards and you can find us in the press. We regularly launch stuff that helps the industry and we’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and get dirty.What You’ll Do:
- Building out online and catering ordering templates and website with reuse in mind (such as, Shopify, Wordpress, Squarespace)
- Moving mobile app styling to be configurable by admin panel, as well an iterating with new app functionality based on growing platform partnerships
- Updating the admin panel to be an external-facing product rather than an internal management tool
- Pitch in developing the administrative dashboard
- Provide insight to the front end needs to be addressed by the backend application
- Maintain a solid understanding of developing web application front ends with React.js
- Develop features and create fulfilling user experiences following best practices
- Background building single-page applications with React.js
- Familiar with latest features such as React Hooks, Context api, code-splitting
- Understanding of react component patterns such as Higher order components, render props, and compound components
- Knowledge of styling and of when to use different styling methods such as CSS-in-JS libraries, CSS modules and standard CSS
- Ability to troubleshoot front end issues
- Curiosity and continuously expands their skill set
- Understanding of basic software testing concepts
- A desire to craft readable and dependable code
- Worked on projects with releases infrastructure (continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)).
- Worked in Amazon Web Services (AWS) before
- Knowledge with CSS frameworks like tailwindCSS
- Learn industry best practices in product software engineering
- We provide learning and development opportunities to help you grow and thrive at Lunchbox.
- Diversity comes from the top. We’re a team of all-ages BIPOC & working parents.
- We host fun and social virtual events (like book club meetings, team happy hours, and company-wide talent shows) that help you stay connected with the entire team.
- The opportunity to work with a welcoming and collaborative team of industry disruptors!
- We raised the largest Series A in FoodTech ($22 million) and most recently raised a $50 million Series B, led by Coatue.
Lunchbox’s biggest asset is our people. We work to shape an equitable and inclusive culture that amplifies voices, fuels performance and collaboration, and fosters a sense of trust and belonging for all. We know that, similar to the restaurant industry that we serve, different views and experiences are advantages, and help us drive better business. We strive for the awareness, education, celebration, and recognition of not only our people but for diversity, inclusion, and equity across our organization.
Lunchbox is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This means, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.