UX Design Internship at Popmenu (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:46 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 26, 2022
About the Opportunity
As a UX Design intern, you’ll work directly on a product team and get hands-on
experience tackling real-world business problems. You’ll be working and learning
alongside a talented, collaborative, fun, and diverse group of designers to build
experiences for thousands of restaurants and millions of users. You’ll be integrated into
all parts of the product and design processes, where you’ll be able to apply your design
skills and knowledge.
Note: This is a part-time role. While we are open to remote, in-person is preferred at our office in Atlanta, GA.
What you’ll do
1. Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other designers to identify user
and business problems
2. Discover and ideate on the different problems to translate them into product
features and experiences (sketching, wireframes, prototypes, user flows etc.)
3. Work closely with the design team to share ideas, gain and give feedback, and
brainstorm ways to improve and iterate on those ideas.
4. Partner closely with our UX Research team to participate in user research practices
5. Work on and with our design system to build out existing patterns and develop new
What we’re looking for
1. Career shifters / early-stage designers, bootcamp graduates, or university students
2. Some familiarity with design tools (we use Figma as our primary tool)
Who We Are:
Popmenu is a fast-growing, venture-backed SaaS business in the restaurant/hospitality sector working with more than 6,000 restaurants every month. We are dedicated to revolutionizing the industry in a way that benefits both the restaurant owner and the consumer. We started with our now-patented, dynamic menu technology that unleashes the power of a restaurant’s greatest marketing tool: the menu. Since then, we have been endlessly innovating to continue tackling existing and emerging industry needs.
We hire exceptionally bright, motivated people who are passionate about helping great restaurants reach their full potential. We offer a flexible work environment, a pioneering concept, a product our clients love, and talented teammates. This is a chance to make great things happen and be a difference maker. We’re excited to meet you!
What We’re Serving:
• We have an empowering culture centered around our four core values. Our work environment emphasizes collaboration, energy and openness above corporate formality - you can be yourself and save the suit for special occasions. (We’ve also won a few awards - Glassdoor Best Places To Work and Top Workplaces USA to name a couple.)
• We know that great ideas are rooted in diverse culture and experience. We are always striving to create an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
• Flexibility and freedom are high—are you doing your part and getting your work done? That’s all that matters.
• We’re growing fast but there’s still plenty of runway for you to have major impact. We’ve built infrastructure to ensure you’re not starting from scratch or getting lost along the way.
• Innovation is in our DNA—to find great ideas you have to break things. We encourage you to fail fast, fail smartly and fail forward.
• Your visibility will be high, with daily opportunity to share wins and learnings with the entire company.
• Work alongside a talented team with experience developing, marketing and selling products for millions of users and thousands of clients—there is always something new to learn from one another.
• We offer a competitive salary and equity along with an excellent benefits package for all our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, and an open PTO policy.
More Information on Popmenu
Popmenu operates in the Food industry. The company is located in Atlanta, GA. Popmenu was founded in 2016. It has 233 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 12 open jobs at Popmenu, click here.
Read Full Job Description