UX Content Strategy Intern at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
At Mailchimp, our internship program focuses on giving our interns opportunities to get hands-on experience and contribute to real-world business projects alongside our full-time peeps. Over the years, we've had the privilege to bring on some of the brightest, most talented students from around the world to help grow our brand. Mailchimp designed our 12 week paid internship program to help students grow their skillset, create lasting connections, and do meaningful work. Along with helping our interns grow professionally, we're also committed to their personal growth and provide various soft skill classes while also hosting fun events along the way!
Our program is open to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, bootcamp, and online courses - all candidates must be enrolled through the duration of the program.
Start Dates: May 16th & June 13th
Mailchimp Experience Design is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional department comprised of product, web, UX, visual, and motion designers.
We’re looking for a UX Content Strategy intern for the newly formed Experience Systems team. We’re the team establishing the foundations and standards across the Mailchimp experience. As part of our team you’ll help shape the guidance and resources that enable teams to deliver more cohesive experiences at scale.
While the Experience Systems team is roughly 20 people, you'll enjoy the camaraderie and resources of our larger design organization of 150+ designers, writers, and researchers.
Throughout your internship you’ll work closely with folks across our entire company—from Marketing and Technical Content to Product Design and Support.
What you’ll do:
- Write copy that delivers on our voice and tone
- Complete robust content audits to help us understand specific problem areas within our app and marketing website
- Collaborate with design peers and cross functional teams to build concept consensus
- Help develop foundational content strategy items, including glossaries, copywriting guidelines, and voice & tone documentation
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong writing skills, particularly when it comes to UX writing
- Passion for inclusivity and accessibility
- Interest in verbal identity (the what you say and how you say it)
- A sharp eye for detail and a passion for language terminology
- Writing samples that demonstrate great grammar, style, and empathy for users
- Familiarity with other design disciplines (graphic design, UX design, product design)
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.