Undergraduate Software Engineering Co-Op/Internship (North Billerica, MA) at Curriculum Associates
We are seeking motivated undergraduate students for Co-Op and Internship opportunities to work as part of our i-Ready engineering team. Be proud of the impact you will have on 8 million students across the country building educational software for the fastest growing company in the EdTech industry and one of Boston Globe's Top Places to Work 2014-2020.
Ideally, candidates would be located near our office in North Billerica, MA. Currently, Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, team members will return to our offices with the CA Flex Work Approach where you can choose to work 2 days/week in office or 4+ days/week in office.
How to apply:
Apply here with your resume and any other docs you want us to see (transcripts, cover letter, etc.)
6-month Co-Op, January-June 2022 (40 hours per week)
3-month Internship, June-August 2022 (40 hours per week)
6-month Co-Op, June-December 2022 (40 hours per week)
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We believe that in your time with us as a co-op or intern, you should have the opportunity to accomplish meaningful work, while growing as an engineer. You will be placed on (and become an integral part of) a team comprised of people from many different groups including designers, project managers, etc., and you will also be part of a larger community including your peers of other co-ops and interns. We will work with you to make sure you are gaining the experience and skills you want. You will start off with smaller assignments to understand our tools and processes, and ramp-up to more complicated, larger assignments as you learn and apply. You will be exposed to many different aspects of software engineering, all the while completing meaningful work that moves your team(s) forward.
"A successful term at CA will result in co-ops eventually doing the same work as their experienced teammates and learning applicable technical and business skills aligned as much as possible to their personal goals." – CA Director of Engineering
What to expect:
- Develop features that directly benefit our users: K-12 students and teachers
- Ensure code quality through testing (unit, integration, and end-to-end) and reviewing other team members' code
- Work closely with team members in product and design
- Take ownership of designing and implementing engineering solutions to enhance our product
You would be a good fit if you…
- Have experience in any of the tech we use (take a peek below – we don't expect you to know all of it)
- Want to make a positive social impact
- Have a knack for solving complex problems in efficient and creative ways
- Enjoy working on a collaborative team
… but you simply must…
- Be an undergraduate student with completion of at least one year in an engineering discipline, computer science, or mathematics or have similar experience – some programming knowledge is required for this position
- Graduating 1/1/2022 or later OR enrolled in an educational program (school, code bootcamp, etc.) ending 1/1/2022 or later
- Have a 3.0+ GPA (if it's lower but you think you would be a good fit, please write a few sentences or provide other evidence and upload it as an additional document!)
- Be able to work 40 hours a week (business hours, eastern time zone) for the 6-month duration of the co-op or 3-month duration of the summer internship 2022
- Not have held a full-time position in a software engineering role (we do not consider Internships/Co-Ops as full-time; we love to see previous experience!)
- Reside in the United States and be in enrolled in a US program/institution
Some tech we use:
Perks (only when in-office):
- Subsidized onsite lunch
- Game Room & Gym Facilities on Site
- Free Parking on Site
About Curriculum Associates:
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Located near Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace, Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work, and Software & Information Industry Association CODiE award winner.
We believe that-with the right materials and support-all children have the ability to succeed, and this idea inspires our engineering, product development, and service teams every day. Our award-winning products include both traditional published material and EdTech products such as our cloud-based i-Ready®. Our programs provide flexible resources for teachers and administrators, as well as meaningful assessments and data-driven, differentiated instruction for millions of students.