Technician Apprentice - Mechanical at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician Apprentice – Mechanical
Technician will be responsible for performing entry level mechanical assembly tasks including basic machining to support Mechanical Operations, working in a team environment, and interfacing with internal customers. Tasks could include supporting critical lifts and moves, basic assembly work, manual machining including the ability to read and interpret drawings and BOMS, insert installation, and mechanical fastener installation using basic hand tools and measuring tools.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply an entry level of knowledge and skills in hardware assembly and manufacturing operations.
- Apply entry level competency in the use of hand tools, assembly tooling and general manufacturing equipment.
- Apply basic computer skills to access and input data via computer interface or automated equipment.
- Work will typically be inspected for completeness and accuracy.
- Support other work areas as necessary that could include MLI, Clean Lab, and Metal Finish
- Perform mechanical operations including assembly to engineering drawings, insert installation, torqueing and supporting critical moves.
- Work to detailed drawings in a good housekeeping area while interfacing with personnel from different disciplines.
- Maintain electronic build documents, required logs, records and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and government regulations.
- Correctly interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus completion of at least 50% of the requirements towards completion of a mechanical, electrical or relative science technical program.
- Preferred experience with machine shop equipment and safety awareness of 2 axis CNC milling machines and tool room lathes.
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude along with good dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools and basic power tools.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious and a conscientious individual.
- Ability to function in a team environment by effective communication both verbal and non-verbal.
- This role is part time, 15-25 hours per week flexible within the core hours of 8:00am—4:00pm to support continuing with a concurrent technical education program.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $17.50 - $20.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.