Who We Are
Verkada is the leader in integrated cloud-managed enterprise building security. Verkada combines our cloud-managed software platform with hardware powered by edge-based processing to provide customers with a real-time view into every part of their organization. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s video security cameras, access control and environmental sensors natively integrate with our platform and are virtually effortless to install, maintain, and manage across hundreds of sites. Verkada protects more than 6,000 organizations, including more than 30+ of the Fortune 500.
Verkada is the standard in cloud-managed video surveillance and physical security. Our mission is to be the essential physical security software layer for every building, and the foundation of a larger enterprise IoT infrastructure. As a Technical Support Intern, based out of our San Mateo HQ, you will work on leading-edge cloud-managed IoT technology while providing troubleshooting, design, and integration assistance to our growing base of enterprise customers. Interns work on the same issues and projects as full-time Technical Support Engineers, so if you are interested in making an impact and learning valuable career skills in a highly technical real-world environment, come join us!
- Troubleshoot network, hardware and software issues related to the Verkada platform.
- Provide best practice design and integration expertise to enterprise customers.
- Communicate technical matters to customers both orally and in writing.
- Own customer issues from creation to resolution.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to test new products and identify bugs.
- Contribute content to our Knowledge Base.
- Lab testing and team projects.
- Third or Fourth year college student working towards a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in a related technical discipline: Networking, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Cybersecurity from an accredited college.
- Coursework with a focus on computer networking, Linux, computer systems, Python or other coding language.
- Ability to communicate complex technical matters both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Industry certifications are a plus: CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, CWNP, CWNA, MCSE, CEH, Network+, Security+, A+.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description