Technical Intern - Process Excellence at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
We’re committed to building a more diverse and representative Ball Aerospace. The GO BEYOND® Diversity Internship is a paid fall internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs and interested in working in the Aerospace industry. Students from any university who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, and women/gender minorities, are encouraged to apply.
Technical Intern - Process Excellence
Join us in guiding and building the future state of the Ball Aerospace enterprise IT environment! The Process Excellence Internship position will engage in a variety of strategic deliverables and process design activities to move the company towards strategic improvement objectives.
Activities may include helping improve processes for problem and change management, improve the Configuration Management Database (CMDB), leveraging Service Now to manage vendors and software, using iServer to map capabilities, and much more.
We are looking for a detail-oriented professional with excellent organization and analytical thinking skills, who is a motivated, passionate individual with interest in both business and technical topics, a desire to communicate and learn from many different teams within ITS, and a “big thinker” willing to promote new ideas. As a member of the Process Excellence team, this role will help to ensure that IT efforts are continually made more efficient and standardized, our processes are visible, measured, and continually improving, reducing risk, enabling efficiency and agility.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist Change Management Lead in the reorganization of the configuration management database to improve the maturity and effectiveness of tracking IT assets and improving ITIL-based processes.
- Collaborate with Vendor Management to build and manage an inventory of all IT and business software vendors, both on-premises and cloud/SaaS. Adhere to a consistent approach to tracking and monitoring vendors is followed for team reference.
- Support the Process Excellence team with process workflows, descriptions, RACI matrices, and change management plans.
- Engage with Enterprise Architecture team to assist in capability mapping and documentation in the iServer toolset to ensure alignment across ITS.
- Enable process improvement through timely feedback on process and procedure opportunities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking programs. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, with problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer knowledge and organizational skills, and must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, and PowerPoint). Advanced Excel skills a plus.
- Experience using ServiceNow, Costpoint, OnBase, IFS, a plus
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and able to work independently as needed.
- Comfortable with, and able to provide structure to, ambiguous and fluid situations.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is also able to work well in teams.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.30 - $27.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.