Systems Administrator Intern at Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
At Mailchimp, our internship program focuses on giving our interns opportunities to get hands-on experience and contribute to real-world business projects alongside our full-time peeps. Over the years, we've had the privilege to bring on some of the brightest, most talented students from around the world to help grow our brand. Mailchimp designed our 12 week paid internship program to help students grow their skillset, create lasting connections, and do meaningful work. Along with helping our interns grow professionally, we're also committed to their personal growth and provide various soft skill classes while also hosting fun events along the way!
Our program is open to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, bootcamp, and online courses - all candidates must be enrolled through the duration of the program.
This role is based in Georgia and any candidate who accepts an offer for this position is expected to reside in the state of Georgia throughout the duration of the internship.
Start Dates: May 16th & June 13th
Our Support Business Solutions team manages the day to day Customer Team software tools used to provide our customers with an exceptional interaction experience. We partner closely with Support, Engineering, Product, Marketing and many others to ensure there are no interruptions to our teams, enhancement and defect management and implementation of new tools.
We’re looking for a Support Systems Administrator Intern to join our team. We are looking for someone that likes helping support others by improving the software they use to service customers. Do you like being on the sideline making sure your team has all they need? We’re looking for someone to help with documentation, administration and innovation of our Customer team software systems.
The ideal candidate will have a customer focus, tenacious problem solving collaborative approach with an interest in contributing to improving the customer experience while pushing others to be innovative.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as system administrator for customer team systems, add-ons and implementations
- Partner with peers on researching emerging application technologies and best practices
- Manage small change management of assigned systems
- Answer day to day questions and troubleshoot issues pertaining to assigned systems
- Partner on software & integration implementations
- Understand and prioritize stakeholder needs and translate them into application functionality
- Design workflows for how customer support tools should be used and document all system setup in organized documentation
- Stay up to date on emerging application technologies and best practices
- Building successful relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels with clear communication, acting as a trusted advisor and understanding their business needs
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Exposure to or understanding of delivering a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS)
- Exposure to or understanding of SCRUM / Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of software tools (i.e., Zendesk, Churn Zero, Sprinklr, etc.)
- Interest in systems administration experience in application change and configuration management
- Experience as a contributor on a cross-functional team
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships across all levels
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.