Summer 2022 QA Intern at WellSky (Kansas City, MO)
Are you looking for a summer internship that will give you valuable hands-on experience in a corporate environment? WellSky is always on the lookout for talented college students and new graduates who are ready to make an impact.
WellSky's engineering culture is one of collaboration, experimentation, and imagining new ways to realize care's potential. Most of all, we believe in having fun. Our internship offers challenging work that gives you the chance to provide immediate value and build relationships with other developers on the team. Visit https://engineering.wellsky.com/ to learn more about engineering culture.
As a QA developer/tester intern, you will be working with the development team to improve automated test coverage and troubleshooting to uncover bugs.
- Work with the development team to improve automated test coverage
- Research for code issues
- Learn to develop unit tests
- Explore legacy code and troubleshoot to uncover bugs
- Work within a team environment to report status
- Ability to create automation scripts
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- In Sophomore, Junior or Senior year this fall and pursuing Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technology
- Must have completed at least one semester of business education classes
- One-two semester of coding experience, ideally Java or .Net
- Some fundamental understanding of databases
- Strong computer skills (Excel)
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp new technology
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What's in it for you:
- Gain valuable experience working on cutting edge technologies
- Innovation and creativity is encouraged
- The opportunity to make a difference, not just for yourself, but for millions of people around the globe by developing software that saves lives
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, including generous paid time off programming, and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity, and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.