Summer 2022: Machine Learning Intern - Prediction at Motional
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
Machine Learning Intern
During this internship, you will work with the team behind nuScenes, PointPillars and Point Painting to deliver ML technologies for Perception and Prediction.
What You'll Be Doing
- Research and develop innovative machine learning strategies for challenging problems that will affect the future of self driving cars.
- Collaborate with broader teams across Motional gaining exposure to multiple engineering disciplines and several projects simultaneously throughout the development process.
- Execute on the tasks assigned, meet deadlines and at the same time independently explore new innovative ideas.
What We're Looking For
- Enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Computer Science, Robotics or similar technical field of study
- Demonstrated interest in research and development through academic projects
- Strong coding experience in Python
Bonus Points (not required)
- Publications in top CV conferences (CVPR, NeurIPS, ICML, ICCV, ECCV, ICRA, CoRL, ICRL, IJCAI, RSS, etc.)
- Relevant work experience, including internships, full time industry experience or as a researcher in either computer vision, machine learning or robotics
Why You Should Join Us
- Your work will be aligned with the core values of Motional, ensuring the highest standards of quality, scientific rigor and innovation. You will also be encouraged to submit your work to conferences.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.