Summer 2022: Autonomous Vehicle Research Intern- Rulebooks (Safety Metrics) at Motional
Autonomous Vehicle Research Intern: Rulebooks (Safety Metrics)
You’ll implement a study examining the application of surrogate safety indicators for autonomous vehicles.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will help design a study that examines the relationship between various behavioral rules and AV safety
- You will interact with Motional’s tools to generate a data set on autonomous vehicle performance
- You will analyze the results to draw conclusions about the predictive capability of various safety metrics
- You will compile learnings into an internal report and, potentially, a publication
- You will learn about, and be at the forefront of state-of-the-art methods to test and validate autonomous vehicles
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, and similar
- Knowledge of Python or C++
- Proficiency in working with naturalistic driving data and statistical methods
Bonus Points (not required)
- Research experience or publications in a related field
- Experience with autonomous systems
Why You Should Join Us
This is a great opportunity to experience first hand what it takes to bring a commercial grade robot taxi service to life while working in a welcoming environment full of enthusiastic professionals.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.