Summer 2022: Autonomous Vehicle Research Intern, ML Planning at Motional
Autonomous Vehicle Research Intern, ML Planning
You will develop state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms for planning, decision making, and motion prediction. Your applied mathematics, data analytics, and machine learning experience will inform your pragmatic approach to making a more intelligent autonomous vehicle. Does this sound like you?
How you'll make a difference:
- Dive into data to understand a) how our car should drive, and b) how other road users (e.g., pedestrians, bicyclists, and other cars) interact with us
- Design, implement, and evaluate state-of-the-art ML models for planning, decision making, and motion prediction
- Help deploy ML models on our self-driving car
What you'll bring:
- Graduate student in computer science, robotics, or similar field
- Strong experience with Python, including standard scientific computing libraries
- Experience using modern software engineering tools (e.g., version control, CI)
- Strong applied math background
- Experience developing software with others as part of a project team
- Experience with operating a robot in the real world
Why you should join us:
- Publications and patents encouraged (e.g., https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10298, https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.15004)
- Opportunity to contribute across multiple disciplines (perception, prediction, planning)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.