At Tanium, Software Engineering Interns have the opportunity to gain valuable, real-world experience in building B2B security focused applications. Assigned a senior engineer mentor and a peer intern buddy, you’ll work with our team directly on new features for the next release of Tanium’s platform. During your internship you’ll build features that are delivered to Tanium’s customers, and get feedback on how your features are received. Don't miss out on the opportunity to network with your peer interns and build a community with Tanium’s diverse group of developers!
Examples of prior intern projects include:
- A visualization tool for Tanium’s privileges and roles
- Question prediction for Tanium’s natural language parser
- A node.js module for presenting application health
What You’ll Do:
- Be assigned to either a frontend or backend team, depending on your ranked preference / our available projects.
- Experience first–hand engineering in a software security company – work in the real world on frameworks and new features for our product.
- Meet regularly with your 1-1 mentor.
- Produce a unique deliverable to put on your resume.
- Show off what you’ve built to our entire team at the end of your internship – get great exposure to engineering leadership!
- Participate in intern events and network with our wider internship cohort of 70+ interns.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Availability to work full-time from June 12, 2023 – August 18, 2023.
- Junior graduating year Spring 2024 or Fall 2023, currently enrolled at an undergraduate institution in computer science or a related degree program.
- GPA of 3.5 or above REQUIRED.
- Experience creating and finishing software development projects in backend and/or frontend languages.
- Excited and driven to learn new technical skills.
- Passionate about technology, software, and figuring out how things work.
- Great communication skills and can collaborate with a team as well as work independently.
Other helpful experience you may have:
- Being fully authorized to work in the U.S. now and the future is preferred; however, visa sponsorship is possible for qualified candidates.
- Past internship helpful but not required
All our interns are paid an hourly wage to work full-time for the duration of our internship.
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.