Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2022 at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award-winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own. Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for thousands of small and medium-sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future - enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas, and backgrounds working in small teams around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
As an intern, you will be a member of one of our product teams and will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features and working side-by-side with Product Owners, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Business Stakeholders.
Our Software Engineers are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades. Are you the teammate we are looking for?
WHAT YOU ARE:
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to be creative and innovative while working on cutting-edge technology
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Casual focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers are at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused teams with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in computer science or technology-related field with an emphasis in software development and an expected graduation date of Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
- Exposure to and knowledge of an object-oriented language (e.g., C#, Java, C++)
- Able to discuss object-oriented design and development concepts
- Must be willing to learn to work effectively in an agile and team environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem-solving
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized - detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.