Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As an intern at Affirm, you will be a contributing member of our outstanding engineering team, and as such you will work on meaningful projects and frequently ship code. Recent grads and past interns have built a real-time high-throughput data processing pipeline, developed an extensive automated testing framework, and built out our proprietary financial platform that is central to our long term company mission.
We are excited to meet and consider strong students for our 12-16 week internships. We are a dynamic organization that is happy to tailor projects to your skillsets, and we will work with you throughout the interview process to determine which team will be best for you.What You'll Do
- Interns are responsible for developing and shipping a project and verifying that it works in production. Because things are changing fast at Affirm, we do not specify intern projects in advance, instead you will collaborate with your mentor and manager when you start to spec a project that will best contribute to your team.
- You will ship code and monitor the deployment of your work. Our intern projects are not isolated or intended to be thrown away: your team will depend on your contributions!
- We will pair you with a dedicated mentor who will be by your side to give advice and ensure the success of your project. You can expect to meet with them on a regular basis and receive feedback.
- You'll have the opportunity to attend events with other interns and full-time Affirmers! Past events have included cable car trolley tours, scavenger hunts, and Giants games.
- You will present your work to the entire engineering organization at the end of your internship.
- Passion and dedication to changing consumer banking for the better
- Experience with Python, C/C++ or Java
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Deployment and testing frameworks
- API development/documentation
- AWS or other PaaS frameworks
Location - Remote Canada
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.