WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Technology is at the core of what we do. Basis Technologies’ innovative Engineering team designs and develops new features and integrations for Basis, our industry-leading, comprehensive software solution. Our platform processes over 300 billion events per day and uses AI and machine learning to automate and simplify the entire digital campaign process.
This team is all about data—and in order to create value from the massive amount of data we collect, engineering leverages their dynamic Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams to create insights that benefit the industry as a whole.
ABOUT THE APPRENTICESHIP
- We have a strong preference for candidates who have the ability to accept a full-time position at the end of the Apprenticeship
- This is a paid, full-time Apprenticeship with an expectation of 40 hrs./week
- The hourly rate is $30.00/hour
- The next batch of Apprentices will start January 10th, 2022 and will run for 6 months Based on performance, there is an opportunity for the Apprentice to receive a full-time offer at the conclusion of their contract
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
- Collaborating with Product, Design, QA, Production Operations, and the other developers on your team
- Participating in and learning the ins and outs of the Basis software development process
- Working closely with a mentor to develop technical skills and best practices
- Committing approximately 15% of your time weekly to growing your technical skills via self-guided learning as recommended by your mentor
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You know how to code but have limited-to-no professional software development experience
- Recently graduated from a professional software engineering bootcamp
- Passionate about software design, testing, coding standards and architecture
- Passionate about learning and being part of a cross-functional team building real world solutions
OUR TECH STACK
- Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.