Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company's cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler's purpose-built security platform puts a company's defenses and controls where the connections occur-the internet-so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will work in an award-winning team that does full-cycle full-stack Machine Learning platform development. You will be working with the massive scale of network data, security data, and enterprise data every day. You need to have a passion for building out tools and platforms, processing and analyzing data at scale, and solving real-world business problems.
As a backend software engineer intern within our Machine Learning platform, you have two primary responsibilities:
1) You will help build large-scale distributed systems to support the Machine Learning pipeline, including data collection, feature engineering, model training, model evaluation, model deployment, and real-time service.
2) You will apply analytical and math/statistics skills to stay on top of data and to ensure results are coherent and reliable.
You may not have any prior data science and ML background but need to build up knowledge in this area and tremendous curiosity in how the data can and will be utilized by the data scientist.
- Strong algorithm, data structure, computer science background
- Strong Python and SQL programming skills
- Ability to learn, evaluate, and adopt new technologies fast
- Good understanding of operating systems and distributed systems.
- Good interpersonal, technical, and communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or Electrical Engineering from a reputed university. Open to all May/June 2022 grads.
- Good business sense.
- Experience with setting up SQL/NoSQL database such as Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, and table schema
- Experience using distributed data processing such as Spark, BigQuery, or Apache Beam
- Experience with event messaging such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with machine learning or deep learning related toolset/frameworks, such as Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience with various public cloud services (such as AWS, Google, Azure) and ML automation platforms (such as Kubeflow).
- Experience with building quality software by writing robust interfaces, considering design principles, and applying sound testing practice
- Familiarity with networking and networking security
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.