Who We Are
Verkada is the leader in integrated cloud-managed enterprise building security. Verkada combines our cloud-managed software platform with hardware powered by edge-based processing to provide customers with a real-time view into every part of their organization. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s video security cameras, access control and environmental sensors natively integrate with our platform and are virtually effortless to install, maintain, and manage across hundreds of sites. Verkada protects more than 6,000 organizations, including more than 30+ of the Fortune 500.
Verkada is looking for security engineering interns to join our team for an exciting and challenging internship. We are seeking interns who will thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to launch products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As an intern working with the Security Engineering team, you will have opportunities to work across the full software stack and collaborate cross-functionally to secure the latest iterations of Verkada’s flagship software enabling our best-in-class security systems.
Learn more about Verkada from one of our interns - Caileen Dolan from University of Waterloo.
- Depending on your interests, work in one or more of the following domains:
- Partner with software engineering teams to build threat models
- Fix, triage, and fix vulnerabilities in our embedded software stack
- Assist product teams with secure hardware developmentFind, triage and fix vulnerabilities in AWS, Kubernetes, containers, microservices and code.
- Build frameworks and libraries to mitigate classes of security vulnerabilities
- Build scalable distributed systems capable of monitoring and detecting security events from across Verkada’s infrastructure.
- Automate responses to security incidents.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems outside of your normal scope.
- Ability to work at Verkada HQ during summer 2022
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Graduating by June 2023. MS in Security is acceptable if you have bachelor’s degree and can code.
- Familiar with: Python, Golang or C, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.
- Comfortable working in an agile team software development environment.
- Familiarity with REST APIs, ability to read Python server code a plus!
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description