Sales Intern (Remote) at Tanium
Tanium is seeking a high energy and ambitious sales intern to support local sales efforts in various sales territories. This position will work directly with the local Regional Vice President to support any and all sales efforts with current and prospective clients including outbound sales communications via email and LinkedIn, phone calls, and online presentations. The sales intern will help create, identify, and track sales leads, generate sales reporting, evaluate sales campaigns, assist with sales forecasting, strategies, and tactics. The sales intern should be well organized and be prepared to work in a fast paced and dynamic team environment.
What you’ll do:
- Learn Tanium’s products, services, and competitive landscape
- Learn different aspects of the sales cycle and different approaches to sales progression
- Assist in prospecting efforts at the direction of the Regional Vice President
- Assist Directors of Strategic Accounts in various sales progressions activities
- Enter and update client/prospect information in the Customer Relationship Management system
- Complete other projects to assist sales efforts as directed by the Regional Vice President
- Travel as needed (if allowed by COVID)
We’re looking for someone with:
- Undergraduate students majoring in Business, Economics, Political Science, Communication, Sales, Marketing, or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Positive, professional presence with strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and be successful in sales
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in both a team environment and in a self-directed manner
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task
- Available Full-Time for Summer 2022
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.