Research & Writing Intern: Higher Education & K12 at Encoura (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:04 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Eduventures Research, the research arm of Encoura, an ACT company, is seeking current students or recent college graduates for an exciting internship beginning Spring or Summer 2022. This opportunity will provide invaluable experience in higher education and K-12 research and writing, particularly related to the transition from high school to college and the workforce. Interns will support the Eduventures Research Team in developing and publishing research-based content to support the company’s rebranded Encourage platform—the largest free college planning program in the country—by translating actionable data, research, and advice designed for Higher Education to a K-12 audience. This audience includes high school superintendents, teachers, college counselors, and parents. Deliverables may take the form of short articles (800 -1,000 words) or longer reports (4+ pages), depending on the topic. This will be a paid internship at $18/hour, work-from-home with optional access to office space in downtown Boston, and flexible hours.
- Identify existing Eduventures Higher Education research pieces with highest relevancy for a high school audience.
- Adapt and edit this research or these audiences, performing secondary research, as needed, to broaden relevancy on various topics to best appeal to this audience.
- Identify additional topics of relevance for these audience that Eduventures research may not currently address, with the opportunity to conduct original research on these topics.
- Review and provide editorial support on Eduventures reports and research.
- Other duties as needed.
- Excellent writing skills and creativity a must.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Comfort working with data, developing charts, graphs, and tables or other visuals as needed.
- Superior interpersonal skills and collaborative team player.
- Interest and passion for higher education and student success.
More Information on Encoura
Encoura operates in the Edtech industry. The company is located in Austin, TX and Boston, MA. Encoura was founded in 2022. It has 188 total employees. To see all 5 open jobs at Encoura, click here.
Read Full Job Description