Research Engineer Internship - Control (Remote) at TuSimple
This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19.Company Overview
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
- Design and implement the core algorithms in autonomous vehicle control; design and test vehicle dynamic models and estimators
- Formulate ill-defined problems with data driven approach for self-driving truck solutions
- Build benchmarks with proper methodology to test the algorithms
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and deliver high-quality and reliable code for real-time application in a timely manner
- Closely collaborate with other teams to conduct system design, integration and tests
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a M.S./Ph.D. program in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics, or equivalent discipline with the primary focus on control systems.
- Solid knowledge and proven practical experience in one or more of the following fields: control theory, vehicle dynamics, control system design, signal processing, dynamic system modeling, and hands-on experience in applying these disciplines to real-world systems
- Strong coding skills in Python or C/C++
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Publications in related conferences and/or journals
- 1-2 years academic or industrial experience in Vehicle Control, Mobile Robotics, or Motion/Path Planning
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
For immediate consideration email your resume to: