Real Estate Analyst Intern at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI)
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
Northwestern Mutual Real Estate is responsible for managing the real estate investments of the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company. Northwestern Mutual is one of the largest investors in commercial real estate in the U.S., with a diversified portfolio of mortgage loans and equity investments across U.S. markets and major property types.
- Provide financial modeling and analytical support to multiple functional units including underwriting, portfolio management, loan and equity production, asset management, and real estate services.
- Prepare internal presentations and memoranda required for investment selection and approval.
- Complete a special project for one of the functional areas within the real estate portfolio, including mortgage loans and real estate equities, mortgage backed securities, REITs and private real estate securities.
- Support the loan rating and equity appraisal process.
- Limited travel will be required.
- The Analyst Internship is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for a 10-12 week period.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate from a nationally recognized college or university. Other concentrations may be considered if an applicant has previous relevant work or internship experience in commercial real estate investments or related fields.
- Evidence of academic achievement (GPA, honors, awards, fellowships, case competitions, etc.)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of real estate valuation, finance & accounting. Familiarity with property-level due diligence, real estate law and construction a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft excel, experience with Argus or other DCF modeling software, a plus.
Location: 720 E Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI (Corporate Office), Milwaukee, 53202, United States
Pay rates for internships are determined based on academic tenure and major.
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Build a strong career foundation with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We're excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Flexible work schedules
- Concierge service
- Comprehensive benefits
- Employee resource groups