At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.
Pursuing a Master’s in Financial Engineering or similar degree and interested in the crypto industry? Come join our Summer 2023 internship program on the Data Science Team where you can build on your research and quantitative finance skills while learning more about the crypto industry!
The Data Science team serves a crucial role in the development of new products and performing critical research functions inside Anchorage in support of all growing product lines.
The products developed by the Quantitative Researcher leverage the core Anchorage Platform to expand the capabilities of desk operations in providing clients with financial products and services.
Given Anchorages role in the crypto-space, this is an opportunity for fast paced growth and new product development at a blinding speed.
As a Quantitative Research Intern, you will:
- Conduct research and development of statistical and quantitative models to support various Anchorage business lines.
- Work with the engineering, risk, lending, and brokerage teams to develop & deploy ideas from start to finish.
- You will be responsible for working on various aspects of product development, research, deployment and maintenance of data ETL pipelines, models, tooling and infrastructure.
- Effectively communicate research work and product designs effectively across organizations and to management.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are pursuing a Master’s of Financial Engineering or similar master’s or PhD degree and will be graduating in December 2023 or Spring/Summer 2024.
- Have a solid understanding of, or excitement for, probabilistic reasoning and thinking of hard / practical data problems.
- Are comfortable using standard data science computing environments: e.g. Python (pandas, numpy, sklearn, pytorch), SQL and cloud computing environments.
- Understand econometric modeling techniques such as: OLS, WLS, logit, etc.; familiarity in advanced statistical learning techniques and deep learning.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Ability to find solutions to difficult problems and can think of systems level solutions.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have exposure to the following:
- Cloud Infrastructure: Docker, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform.
- Data Store: GC Storage, No-SQL, kDB.
- You have the desire to take an idea from concept to launch and beyond.
- Have experience with other mathematical computing tools (Julia, Matlab, R) is a plus.
- You have experience within the financial industry.
- You have executed product development to satisfy client needs.
- Thrive in environments where ideas become live, scaled products/projects.
- You read statistics, quantitative finance or blockchain protocol papers on your off time.
About Anchorage Digital - People: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
Read Full Job Description