Product Marketing MBA Intern at Samsara
Who we are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 at a valuation of $12 billion, and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Product Marketing team at Samsara serves as experts in our customers’ needs, owning go-to-market strategy of our products including storytelling, messaging, and positioning, all while collaborating cross-functionally across the business to amplify those stories and drive revenue.
The Product Marketing MBA Intern will be responsible for ideating and executing campaigns for Samsara’s Video-Based Safety products, as well as building out competitive intelligence to influence the product roadmap.
In this role, you will:
- Create a full go-to-market strategy and plan cross-functionally, which includes voice of customer plan, competitive and market analysis, and integrated campaigns to drive sales growth, inform our product strategy/roadmap, and shorten competitive deal cycles
- Craft, build, and implement comprehensive programs as part of larger sales enablement efforts, including leading a competitive intelligence training
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Pursuing an MBA degree
- Experience collaborating in cross-functional teams
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to identify needs, design solutions and communicate these to the product and sales team with credibility and impact
- High sense of urgency and ambitious work ethic to drive business outcomes
- Likes working in fast-paced environments
An ideal candidate also has:
- Work experience with direct sales, marketing, pre-sales and/or enablement in enterprise software and/or SaaS
- Commitment to improvement & seeks challenge
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.