Product Marketing Intern, Commerce at Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
At Mailchimp, our internship program focuses on giving our interns opportunities to get hands-on experience and contribute to real-world business projects alongside our full-time peeps. Over the years, we've had the privilege to bring on some of the brightest, most talented students from around the world to help grow our brand. Mailchimp designed our 12 week paid internship program to help students grow their skillset, create lasting connections, and do meaningful work. Along with helping our interns grow professionally, we're also committed to their personal growth and provide various soft skill classes while also hosting fun events along the way!
Our program is open to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, bootcamp, and online courses - all candidates must be enrolled through the duration of the program.
Start Dates: May 16th & June 13th
About the Team:
Product Marketing is the core marketing discipline responsible for bringing our product to market. This type of marketing does not end at pre-launch or launch, but rather embraces an ongoing course of continuously messaging, promoting, and developing the product to meet customer needs at all stages of the product life cycle - sunrise to sunset. The Commerce Product Marketing team focuses on the features and functionality that allows small businesses the opportunity to bring their business online and start selling.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about the e-commerce industry. There is an opportunity to grow Mailchimp’s e-commerce and reach a greater market share through Sales and Sales Enablement. The ideal candidate will have a desire to help bring products to life through Sales channels.
What you'll do here:
- Work collaboratively with Product and Marketing teams to understand and communicate the product strategy
- Leverage customer insights, product knowledge, and industry research to develop marketing messaging, positioning and content for new and existing products
- Execute on the strategy across various marketing channels, set campaign goals, and deliver campaign results
- Provide support on the development of sales enablement collateral (one-pagers, courses, pitch decks, etc)
- Perform research on ways to enhance our existing sales enablement collateral
- Help identify areas for improvement in maintaining existing collateral to ensure information correctness
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are pursuing a major in marketing or business, and/or equivalent internship or work experience
- Have a passion for or interest in Sales and Sales Marketing
- Have strong working knowledge of Mailchimp’s products or desire to learn
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong collaborative working skills
- Are an effective communicator and proactive problem solver
- Are creatively-minded and analytically-grounded
- Are comfortable balancing multiple tasks and projects
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.