Product Design Intern (Remote) at Sezzle
About the Role:
Sezzle is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, and deeply collaborative Product Design Intern to help develop visually appealing prototypes for mobile and web. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with strong graphic and visual design skills.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate function/look and feel
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Analyze user feedback and activity, and iterate to enhance the user experience
- Sezzle internships are up to 30 hours a week (no more). We want you to have an amazing internship experience and learn new things, but also enjoy student life!
- Pursuing a bachelors degree or equivalent in Graphic Design or related field with at least 2 years of coursework completed; or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of user-centered design process, web best-practices, and relevant disciplines; including information architecture, interaction and visual design (including mobile and responsive design).
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Preferred GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to clearly articulate creative concepts and rationale, translate user and business needs into effective designs and technical requirements
- Proficient prototyping and mock-up skills to convey ideas and concepts
- Experience working with software visualization tools (Sketch, Omnigraffle, InVision, HTML/CSS) a plus
- Working knowledge of design fundamentals such as cascading style sheets, color theory, composition, perspective, branding and imagery.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate clearly with both business and technology partners.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Ability to own and deliver work independently and also to work within a team.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible remote-first work environment
- Sick + Safe Time Off
- Impactful and meaningful projects
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.