Performance Engineering Intern at Dragos (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:19 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 1, 2022
Join a fast-growing start-up and help us with our mission to Safeguard Civilization!
Are you passionate about performance? Do you enjoy learning the ins and outs of large networked applications? Do you have experience identifying performance-related issues and working to help resolve them (can be home lab or project-based)? Are you technical, articulate, and excited about sharing your findings? Would you enjoy profiling, troubleshooting, and improving upon the most robust ICS/OT Security platform in the world? We offer the opportunity to know that your work is contributing to a greater mission with global impact. All from the comfort of your own home.
Dragos has an opportunity for a Performance Engineering Intern to join our growing team of talented engineers making great contributions to our mission of Safeguarding Civilization! As a Performance Engineering Intern, you will help establish networked application performance metrics for our platform, and document and communicate deltas and suggestions for improvements. You will be responsible for the design and execution of tests to verify those metrics. You will simulate real-world customer scenarios, as well as potential worst-case scenarios, and come out of it with data and a path forward driven by that data. Your end goal is to learn from a team of seasoned engineers and help ensure we deliver the most performant products with the highest level of quality.
Must be US Based and eligible to work without restrictions.
- Evaluate platform performance and identify bottlenecks for improvements
- Read platform software code and understand the internal working of the product
- Define and develop tooling for load simulation, test automation, performance measurement, and reporting
- Analyze customer PCAPs to understand protocols and data flows and their impact on product performance
- Create performance test cases, execute performance tests, and report results
- Debug and troubleshoot complex issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience with or basic knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Rust, Kotllin, or similar
- Theoretical knowledge of operating systems and networking and distributed system concepts
- Understanding of agile/scrum methodologies
- Self-motivated individual with research and learning capabilities
- Outstanding problem solving, reasoning, and communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills to articulate test cases, customer environments, network traffic profiles, and use cases
- Experience with or basic knowledge of software engineering tools such as IDEs, Git, Jenkins, JIRA
- Dragos does not require any degrees or certifications and encourages people from all backgrounds who meet the requirements to apply
Compensation and Work Hours
- The internship will run from September 6, 2022, through December 16, 2022
- Expectations of no more than 20 hours a week
- A laptop and necessary software will be provided
Dragos is the Industrial Cybersecurity expert on a relentless mission to safeguard civilization. In a world of rising cybersecurity threats, Dragos protects the most critical infrastructure – those that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization – from increasingly capable adversaries who wish to do it harm. Devoted to codifying and sharing our in-depth industry knowledge of ICS/OT systems, Dragos arms industrial defenders around the world with the knowledge and tools to protect their systems as effectively and efficiently as possible. Founded by world-class industrial intelligence experts, Dragos has the industry’s largest team of ICS/OT practitioners who have been on the front lines of the world’s most significant industrial cyber-attacks.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Dragos, and we are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all. We know that every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions. Not only does a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion focus enrich our environment and teams, but it is also critical to our success as we defend against adversaries all over the world. The broad range of ideas, experiences, and perspectives is critical to our success.
Dragos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local laws. All new hires must pass a background check as a condition of employment.
More Information on Dragos
Dragos operates in the Cybersecurity industry. The company is located in Hanover, MD and Houston, TX. Dragos was founded in 2016. It has 295 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all jobs at Dragos, click here.
Read Full Job Description