People Analytics Intern at Carvana (Phoenix, AZ)
People Analytics Summer Intern
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
The Summer Internship Program consists of heavy on the job training, cross-functional project work, partnership with Senior Leaders and exposure to our Executive team. You will gain a deep understanding and holistic view of Carvana and our dynamic start-up culture.
The Summer Internship Program is full time, paid and spans over 10 weeks. The program is based at Carvana Headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona.
What You’ll Do:
- Work across the People Analytics and Talent Development teams
- Develop algorithms to create simulated hierarchies for all employee moves
- Create an automated script that will analyze and populate data based on employee moves
- Apply knowledge of statistical methods to solve big problems
- Work on solving important business challenges within your respective team
- Multitask and prioritize with the swiftness of a ninja - we work within multiple systems, so the pace is fast and you’ll rarely be doing one thing at a time
- Partner with other interns on a ten-week, cross-functional business project
- Attend various intern activities, including weekly Lunch & Learns with department leaders throughout the organization
- Other duties as assigned
What you should have:
- Currently enrolled as an Undergraduate or Graduate student at an accredited college or university
- A GPA that is proof of your solid work ethic (3.5 or above)
- A team player mentality - we want someone who understands team dynamics and values teamwork
- A high-energy, forward-thinking attitude
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to highly-function both in remote and in-person environments
- A high sense of urgency and attention to detail
- You will not leave your personality at home - we thrive from each unique perspective and our strength is in our diversity of opinions
What we’ll offer in return:
- Full-Time Hourly Position for the course of the 10-week program
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- An awesome company culture and start-up environment
- In office perks like unlimited snacks and iced coffee on tap
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.