Atlassian is in search for a summer intern in our Operational Audit team. You will build valuable relationships across departments and devise practical and insightful recommendations as process owners remediate findings and implement new systems and processes. You will report to the Internal Audit Senior Manager and be a key part of a dynamic and fun team.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Perform and document audit activities in accordance with professional standards and Atlassian's Methodology
- Perform risk assessments
- Contribute to audit scope and global audit programs
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and investigations
- Gain insight into the business functions by getting a close understanding of how different departments do their jobs
- Gain experience in deploying Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Have a strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate vitality with projects big and small
- Be comfortable operating independently in a constantly evolving environment and with multiple teams relying on your work
- Have an owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Atlassian
- Communicate data into relevant insight: You know how to create compelling presentations and can lead managers through data deep-dives
- You love partnering: You understand that organizations are made up of very different parts. You relish influencing others and co-piloting cross-team initiatives
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications
- Have an understanding of finance, accounting, auditing, financial systems, and technology
- Be part of a finance or accounting degree program and graduating in the spring of 2023
- Be able to commit to at least a 12 week full-time (40hrs/week) internship during Summer 2022
We put ourselves into the shoes of our business partners and always find the best way to gather information while learning more about what makes the company tick. We have a great relationship with the people we audit and they look to us for pointers when it comes to controls. We have built our own auditing tools from scratch using the outstanding products at Atlassian. We know and respect each other's individual talents and can jump in to share the load when it gets unbalanced. In this remote working environment, we find ways to continue to Play as a Team, one of our key Values.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .