Mining Application Engineering Intern at Komatsu Construction (Milwaukee, WI)
| Milwaukee, WI
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:54 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.Job OverviewWe have an exciting opportunity for an Intern - Mining Application Engineer to join our Engineering Team supporting our Milwaukee, WI, Peoria, IL and Longview, TX teams. This position will provide mining application support to the Product Management and Regional Divisions for the sales and applications of Komatsu equipment.Key Job Responsibilities
- Support operations application analysis for drills, draglines, loaders, shovels and haulage operations, including both evaluations for mining operation effectiveness and production studies.
- Conduct equipment selection and production estimates to recommend equipment for different mining applications. Participation in field study projects will depend on current regional support demands.
- Track Komatsu equipment production rates to establish and maintain a useable database of actual customer rates.
- Generate Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models and other applicable mining justification methods to identity equipment advantages. Conduct mining equipment value analysis.
- Provide support in completion of Repair and Maintenance Program (RAMP) contract studies and cost per hour evaluations for budgeting and planning processes.
- Assist in the creation of marketing and technical presentation materials related to mining / machine applications.
- Support New Product Development (NPD) and Continuous Improvement (CI) project studies.
- Complete internal and external presentations on work results.
- Education: Pursuing a degree in Mining Engineering, hold a Junior, Senior or Graduate academic standing
- Experience: Practical surface mining application experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of draglines, drills, shovels, loaders and haulage operations
- Strong communication and presentation skills required. Confidence in overall knowledge of practical mining applications will help these skills.
- Ability to explain complex procedures in a simple matter that everyone can understand.
More Information on Komatsu Construction
Komatsu Construction operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL. It has 10001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 14 open jobs at Komatsu Construction, click here.
Read Full Job Description