Marketing Internship at Understory (Madison, WI)
| Madison, WI
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:39 a.m. (CST) on Monday, April 11, 2022
Climate change is creating a crisis for the insurance industry and those who rely on it for financial security.
Every year, severe weather causes billions of dollars of damage. Yet traditional insurers lack the tools to accurately assess and price severe weather risk. Without knowing what to expect, insurers expect the worst, leading to unaffordable premiums. For industries such as retail automotive and agriculture, traditional insurance is becoming unattainable. These business owners are at risk of financial devastation whenever a storm strikes.
Understory is the first company to solve the insurance coverage crisis with data-driven insurance for severe weather, starting with hail. Our growing network of ground-based Dot weather sensors, combined with our Atmospheric Intelligence AI, allow us to assess and price any weather risk in the world.
When severe weather strikes, Understory detects it and triggers a fast, predetermined payout. There are no burdensome financial deductibles, and no lengthy claims process. Ultimately, Understory allows capital to quickly flow where it’s needed most after a disaster, protecting everything from automobiles to the world’s food supply.
Internship Program Details:
• The Summer Program is a paid, full-time, 13-week internship
• Students are expected to intern for 40 hours/week alongside their respective virtual and in-person team
• Student MUST be available for the entire duration of the program which runs from May 23 - August 19, 2022
• Working toward a Bachelor's or Master’s degree
• Be over 18 years of age and able to work in the USA
• Must be fully vaccinated
• Bring their student mentality and be willing to learn new skills
• Have confident communication skills and enjoy working in a collaborative group setting
• Have a solid work ethic and desire to succeed in a fast-paced startup environment
• Work well independently and as part of a team working towards a common goal
• Be slightly competitive and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
About the Role:
As Understory’s summer Marketing Intern, you’ll support the company’s overall brand marketing efforts and help coordinate new product launches. You’ll be fully integrated into our Madison-based marketing team. Our goal is to give you meaningful marketing and professional development experiences and to own projects that will make a real contribution to the company’s growth.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Designing and editing sales and marketing assets in cooperation with internal team and external agencies and freelancers
• Conducting and compiling primary and secondary market research to help Understory better understand how to reach and engage with target audiences and key partners
• Introduction to insurance terminology and best practices
• Helping to plan and execute virtual and physical events
• Coordinating PR, brand marketing, social media and website development
• Conceiving and executing on one 13-week project of your choosing and presenting the final results and deliverables to the broader team
• Responsible for other tasks as assigned by manager
• Are currently studying marketing, graphic design, communications or a related field
• Have a strong portfolio of work samples (writing, design, research, etc.) which can include coursework and work-related projects
• Have an interest in understanding the role insurance will play in solving the financial risks caused by climate change
Read Full Job Description