At Particle Health, our mission is to enable simple and secure access to actionable healthcare data for digital health innovators.
Particle is shaping the new standard for healthcare data exchange with a user-friendly API platform. We create intuitive experiences for developers, build scalable infrastructure product teams love, and collaborate with innovative leaders launching data driven healthcare solutions.
Unofficially? We also intend to #destroythefaxmachine
Particle Health is accepting applications for a Marketing Internship focused on Social Media Strategy & Analytics for Summer 2022, running from approximately June 6 - August 26, 2022. Reporting to our Growth Marketing Manager, the Social Media Analytics intern will leverage data to impact Particle Health’s social media strategy. The VP of Marketing will serve as an advisor. At the end of the internship, interns will be able to demonstrate real impact of their work through relevant KPIs related to top-level company OKRs.About the Role
This internship will provide the opportunity to think critically about how to gather key industry insights to create and implement a robust data-centric social media strategy. This Intern will also learn how to grow and scale a digital health startup by working cross-functionally to understand business needs and provide relevant and meaningful analysis.Ideal Candidate Profile
You’re an entrepreneurial-minded, creative storyteller who is passionate about transforming healthcare! You want to leverage data to influence how a startup tells its story and ensures it makes the biggest impact possible.
Ideally you can show us the impact you’ve had in previous internships or other hands-on experience, especially if it’s in a health tech company or startup. You’re a dedicated student with great grades in key marketing or business subjects.
You like to have fun, learn a lot, work hard, and are looking for an opportunity to make a big impact on a high performing Marketing team! Double bonus points for excellent puns.Areas of Responsibility
- Spearhead industry research to identify themes and trends to provide suggestions that will impact how the team engages with target customers
- Deliver insights and recommendations on performance of digital channels aimed at customer growth, engagement, and retention
- Develop and execute a social media strategy via major platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter
- Assist in day-to-day monitoring and reporting on KPIs using tools like Google Data Studio and Google Analytics
- Connect with journalists, podcasters and other health tech influencers to generate positive coverage for Particle
- Participate in brainstorming sessions that will impact future campaigns and content roadmap
- Currently enrolled in an Undergraduate program in either marketing, management or healthcare, or a related field with a focus on data or analytics, preferably this summer as a rising junior or senior
- Passionate about data with a keen eye for identifying insights that can help the business grow
- Basic understanding of data analytics and Digital tools/platforms e.g. Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Data Studio
- Knowledge of basic SEO techniques and best practices
- Very proficient with the use of the Microsoft suite of applications, primarily Excel
- Very proficient on major social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter and Reddit in particular)
- Comfortable reaching out and pitching to journalists, podcasters, etc
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Motivated to learn about healthcare data accessibility and the digital health industry
- Authorized to work in the US
Particle internships are great preparation for a career in startups, health tech companies, and mission-driven organizations. We take our internships seriously and have hired at least one intern out of every internship class we’ve hosted. You’ll get to do real work with the support of a manager who is committed to your success, plus you’ll learn a ton about how our company works together to achieve our ambitious mission to radically transform American healthcare.
The application process is easy: submit your resume and answer the two brief questions about why you’re interested. We’ll reach out to those who qualify and schedule a phone conversation, during which you can learn more about us and the opportunity. Candidates who move ahead in the process will then take part in “panel” interviews, where you’ll get to meet more team members and demonstrate your readiness for the internship. We’ll then send offers to accepted candidates soon after.
The internship is remote-first, but if you live in the NYC metro area or choose to relocate for the summer, we have an office where you can work. We love the office but don’t require anyone to work from there. We’ll provide a laptop for your temporary use, as well as any software or tools you might need. This internship pays $25/hour and will be paid every two weeks via direct deposit.
At Particle Health, we believe that creating and nurturing a respectful, equitable, and inclusive culture is the best way to work. We're developing our career pathways, performance evaluation, and employee engagement programs to ensure our employees have what they need to succeed now and in the future.
We're serious about combatting burnout at Particle, and we've instituted anti-burnout policies, including Flexible Fridays and two week-long breaks throughout the year, on top of unlimited PTO and annual holidays.
We offer a complete benefits package, including health/dental/medical coverage for you and your family, 401(k) matching, flexible work schedules and time off, generous paid parental leave with new parent coaching, and more.