Manufacturing Engineering - Tooling Intern at Wisk (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:22 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 24, 2022
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
- Become familiar with aircraft part and tool fabrication and assembly
- Work seamlessly with technicians and design engineers to develop manufacturing processes, tooling, procedures, inspection plans, etc.
- Assist in researching production and tooling methods for use in high rate manufacturing
- Monitor and support material and process R&D activities on the shop floor
- Organize manufacturing lessons learned with MEs and technicians
- Present findings through the summer to stakeholders
- Currently pursuing a B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or any relevant technical discipline from an accredited college/university; GPA of 3.0 or higher; and be in your third year of school or higher
- Working knowledge of CAD software (Solidworks, NX, CATIA, etc.)
- Proficient and safe use of hand and shop tools
- Familiar with draft standards/GD&T
- Ability to interpret/create engineering drawings
- Have an interest in aircraft/aviation and manufacturing/tooling
- Creative thinker with a passion to drive new manufacturing and tooling processes and methods
Must be legally authorized to work in the US
Must be live in the US at both the time of application AND at the time the internship begins to meet eligibility requirements
Must be either a rising junior or Senior
Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
Transcripts are required. Unofficial transcripts are accepted
Must be an enrolled student at both the time of application AND at the time the internship begins to meet eligibility requirements
Must be able to work 40 hours a week for 8 weeks (Full-time 2 months)
Must be able to work pacific standard time (PST)
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision (company pays 100% of employee premium), and flexible time off. On top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as employee referral bonus, commuter assistance, charitable giving match, and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.
More Information on Wisk
Wisk operates in the Aerospace industry. The company is located in Mountain View, CA and Atlanta, GA. Wisk was founded in 2019. It has 265 total employees. To see all 110 open jobs at Wisk, click here.
Read Full Job Description