Leadership Development Program Trainee at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Create skilled, knowledgeable future leaders for various positions across the business. Position will be responsible for learning foundational knowledge required for operations and support leader positions through rotations at various locations and immersive learning experiences within 24 months.
What will you be responsible for?
- Actively take part in the Leadership Development Program cohort rotations by observing, practicing, and developing strong operational skills by training with seasoned leaders.
- Assist location and take on an active operational role to apply hands-on training within your assigned location.
- Learn key competencies needed to manage and successfully grow your career with Ball.
- Actively participate in trainings, eLearning’s, onsite learnings, and various other tasks dependent upon the site location.
- Learn and train in various functions within the can/cup manufacturing industry, including operations, management, environmental health & safety, company policies, human resources, etc., to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments.
- Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Participate in various meetings/conference calls with other cohort members and subject matter experts across the business.
- Successfully complete an operational excellence project that integrates and applies all you learn and then present your final work at the end of your training term to key leaders within Ball.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform daily responsibilities of operations and/or technical roles upon completion of the program.
- Learn and champion Ball’s safety culture; proactively empower, support and engage all employees around safety.
- Meet learning and performance objectives set by management.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Operations Management, or related fields of study.
- Strong desire to learn can/cup manufacturing processes, develop leadership capabilities and possess desire to progress in the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to various levels within Ball.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and be available upon needs of the business, which may include rotations with overnight scheduling requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in setting priorities and follow-through in a fast-paced results –oriented environment.
- Ability and flexibility to relocate during rotations through the program to various parts of the U.S. and within locations where Ball operates.
- Basic understanding of company and product.
- Must be willing to relocate anywhere within the U.S. within and upon completion of program.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 53,500 - 79,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans