IT Engineer - Internship at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:27 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, February 3, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 8,700 organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
About the IT Team
We are a high-functioning and cohesive team providing an amazing customer experience and focused on opportunities to unlock growth across the company and doing it all with a keen eye on security. We're here to make work easier and more efficient for our coworkers, fix what needs fixing, implement and improve processes, provide automation to increase efficiencies, onboard new hires at a rapid pace, evaluate and procure new solutions in the software and hardware worlds, and administer and improve our SaaS stack. As a small team in a rapidly growing startup, we're always ready to expand our responsibilities at a moment's notice all while maintaining the white-glove service our fellow employees deserve.
About This Role
Envision yourself here: You're a smart, hungry, adaptable, calm-under-pressure IT superhero whose primary goal is to enable all Verkada employees to crush it on a daily basis. Troubleshooting is your middle name. You can dive into any nasty tech situation and leave everyone smiling. You love trying out new software and hardware and staying up-to-date with the latest tech trends in both the enterprise and consumer worlds. You're always ready to help anyone at a moment's notice and you know how to handle constantly shifting priorities. You're a great team player and have opinions to contribute on a wide variety of topics, but can also get to work without too much oversight if need be. You enjoy variance in daily tasks, don't mind getting in touch with your customers in a multitude of communication channels, and getting to know everyone and their tech needs around the office.
Our ideal candidate is a student in their 3rd or 4th year an pursuing a degree in IT, Computer Science, or Engineering! We'd love to show you the ropes and allow you to get hands on experience in Information Technology at a high-growth start-up
- Troubleshooting for IT-related topics and in-depth research to find the best technical solutions.
- Support the administration of a wide variety of SaaS apps; provision/modify/remove access as needed.
- Ordering/procuring equipment, maintaining vendor relationships, and inventory management for all IT hardware and software.
- Able to communicate effectively and concisely to the entire company.
- Analyze existing processes, suggest and make improvements, and implement business processes where none exists.
- A desire to learn and expand your horizons; take on new challenges as the business scales and things break.
- Willingness to go above and beyond what is listed in this description; as the company grows, so will the role.
- 5-star customer service mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Familiarity with macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android devices.
- Capable of managing AV hardware and software, including video and sound editing tools.
- Desire to learn or current working knowledge of networking concepts (switching, firewalls, subnetting, wireless technologies, VPNs, LAN/WAN, etc.).
- Ability to lift 30 lbs over short to medium distances, carry light loads up and down stairs, crouching or crawling as the situation demands.
- Pursuing a BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology
- Familiarity with any of our current technology stack: AWS, Confluence, Zendesk, Slack, Salesforce, Zoom and Zoom Rooms, jamf, VoIP telephony among others.
- Good grasp on how APIs are designed and implemented.
- Familiarity with programming languages e.g. Python.
- Exposure to HPE/Aruba, Palo Alto networking hardware.
- Fearless when it comes to troubleshooting or determining root cause.
- A love of documentation and process improvement.
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Verkada requires the successful completion of a background check, including a criminal record check, as a condition of employment.
Read Full Job Description