Internships - Fall 2022 at Hermeus (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:13 a.m. (CST) on Friday, July 15, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
Hermeus is seeking engineering and business operations interns to join our team in Atlanta for the Fall 2022 semester. Successful candidates will help define and execute Hermeus' development strategy. This is a paid internship.
We're looking for engineering candidates with design, test, and/or analysis experience in one or more of the these areas:
We're also searching for business operations candidates with experience in one or more of these areas:
- IT Support
- Human Resources
- Government Relations
- Public Relations
- Engineering responsibilities range from owning propulsion components, test stand build-up and commissioning, designing and fabricating harnesses, thermal and structural analysis, writing flight software, designing PCBs, to aircraft integration
- Business operations responsibilities could include writing press releases, maintaining and upgrading our website, working closely with executives on issues regarding the impact of government's activities, and/or monitoring industry news and flagging possible issues and opportunities
- Hands-on experience designing, building, and testing vehicles (engineering candidates only)
- Enthusiasm for aviation and Hermeus' mission
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- GPA of 3.0 or above
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.
Read Full Job Description