Internship - Quality Assurance at Novo Nordisk (Raleigh, NC)
About the Department
For more than 100 years, Novo Nordisk has been tackling the unmet medical needs of people living with serious chronic diseases, such as diabetes & obesity. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our Emerging Technologies - Oral Finished Products facility in Durham, NC is a 194,000 square foot tableting and packaging facility that supports the production of our innovative oral treatments for patients with type 2 diabetes. OFP maintains a curious and pioneering spirit, harmonious with our growing pipeline of new products and emerging technologies.
At Novo Nordisk, interns will have the opportunity to kick-start their careers by working closely with experienced industry professionals and gaining valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. For ten weeks, beginning May 20th, interns will be immersed in the environment of a global pharmaceutical company and contribute to the line of business by providing sustainable and meaningful project work. Our internship program also includes instructor led trainings, career presentations by senior leadership, and a guided mentorship program to offer professional and personal development. Interns will also be presenting their internship projects to managers and directors within each site at the conclusion of their internship.
The Quality Assurance Intern will be working between Quality Assurance (QA) Validation and QA Training functions. The intern will be working with QA Project Management and QA Validation to support Quality Management System (QMS). Tasks may include implementing and maintaining quality processes in compliance with cross-functional requirements. Ensures that local quality processes are clearly described in a LEAN way. The intern works closely with the QA project manager to ensure that QA/QMS functions are anchored and followed throughout. Exposure to technical writing opportunities such as risk assessment and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) revisions. The incumbent may also have opportunities to identify process improvement opportunities and turn them into projects for execution.
- 0-5% overnight travel required
- Depending upon area of assignment:
- If assigned to a manufacturing area, you must have the ability to work in confined spaces, near operating equipment, and work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
- If assigned to a support or office role, you must have the ability to work in an open office environment with extensive use of a computer keyboard, and frequent use of a telephone
- May occasionally move equipment and/or supplied weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions
- May require corrected vision to 20/30
- Conduct research, gather, and analyze data, prepare and/or review documents, reports and/or presentations
- Learn and support relevant processes, standards, and policies
- Learn the practical application of cLEAN (LEAN) practices in a manufacturing context, including participating in and assisting with systematic problem solving
- Work with, observe, assist and/or collaborate with and learn from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Apply and adhere to all Standard Operating Processes (SOPs), policies and environmental, health and safety requirements
- Support and learn processes, activities, relevant standards as assigned
- Meet and network with other interns
- Participate in team meetings
- Complete assigned trainings
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, or a related discipline preferred
- Conscientious self-starter with good organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities, must be able to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal communication and ability to collaborate with teams; must effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with internal customers
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we're life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.