Intern at WellSky (Kansas City, MO)
Are you looking for a summer internship that will give you valuable hands-on experience in a corporate environment? WellSky is always on the lookout for talented college students and new graduates who are ready to make an impact.
WellSky's engineering culture is one of collaboration, experimentation, and imagining new ways to realize care's potential. Most of all, we believe in having fun. Our internship offers challenging work that gives you the chance to provide immediate value and build relationships with other developers on the team. Visit https://engineering.wellsky.com/ to learn more about engineering culture.
The software engineer intern will be working with the Health and Social Services team to assist in design, development, documentation, and testing of commercial software programs.
- Provide support related to all aspects of software analysis, design, development, documentation, and configuration management.
- Add new functionality, upgrades, debugging and enhancements for our software applications
- Participate in the preparation of system requirements and design specifications
- Participate in the preparation of project plans, status and statistical reports
- Assist in the resolution of customer product issues escalated from Client Services
- In Sophomore, Junior or Senior year this fall and pursuing Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technology
- Strong problem solving/analytic skills
- Knowledge in modern software languages (C#/.NET, Angular, SQL Server), preferred
What's in it for you:
- Gain valuable experience working on cutting edge technologies
- Innovation and creativity is encouraged
- The opportunity to make a difference, not just for yourself, but for millions of people around the globe by developing software that saves lives
Wellsky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Wellsky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, including generous paid time off programming, and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity, and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.