Intern, UX/UI Design (Summer 2024) at Chamberlain Group (West Suburbs)
About Chamberlain Group:
Chamberlain Group is a global leader in access solutions. Our leading brands like LiftMaster, Chamberlain, Merlin and Grifco are found in millions of homes and commercial applications across the globe. Our innovative products powered by the myQ digital ecosystem provide customers with smart access solutions to move safely through garages, homes, communities, businesses, and storage facilities.
At Chamberlain Group, we hire smart people to work on cool products for a connected world.
About our Internship Program:
At Chamberlain Group, our interns work on real, meaningful projects that are at the center of our business strategy and our company's transformation. Our program offers you:
- Development & Skills Training: We offer informative workplace success sessions to hone your skills, covering topics from time management to effective communication.
- Networking: Events are open to interns and full-time employees to encourage early-career networking and guidance opportunities.
- Mentorship: You'll be assigned a full-time employee as your mentor who will guide you throughout your program.
- Conversations with Leaders: Meet with and learn from our CEO and other leaders at CG through intimate and authentic Q&A sessions.
- Community Giving: Attend volunteer outings with other interns to give back in the community.
Chamberlain Group is looking for a motivated individual to work in our Global Innovation Group with a cross functional team of Engineers, ID and UX designers on new concepts or technologies that could benefit Chamberlain as a whole.
The UX Designer co-op/intern will help with user needs research, developing insights and user stories, wireframing and interactive prototyping. The UX Designer co-op/intern will also learn how cross platform IoT apps are architected and designed. Our open environment provides a stimulating workspace to develop new ideas.
We offer a unique experience by giving our co-op/interns real projects that will be presented to our Executive Leadership Team, as well as other peers within the company. You will work with both mechanical engineering and electrical engineering on your projects to make sure you get the full product development experience.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in industrial design, graphic design, or user experience (UX) design, or related fields of study strongly preferred
- Must be able to work from our Oakbrook, IL office (15 miles west of Chicago) 3 days a week
- Understands and experienced in journey mapping
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and is a self-starter
- Loves problem solving
- Great communication skills with the ability to be a team player
- Detail oriented
- Intern or co-op experience in UX Design
- experience with web or mobile coding, software development best practices
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
We are currently only considering applicants for internship and co-op positions who do not require employment sponsorship now or in the future. Candidates working on OPT authorization will not be considered.
Chamberlain Group wants all of its employees to succeed and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply. We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and you'll be considered for this role regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We're committed to fostering an environment where people of all lived experiences feel welcome.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence [email protected].