Intern - Technical Account Management (TAM) - Remote Western U.S. at Tanium
At Tanium, our interns of Technical Account Management have the opportunity to learn valuable, real-world experience from the world’s leading enterprise support organization. Operating in a highly collaborative team environment with TAMs, engineers, and account managers, interns will contribute to our team’s success by shadowing & assisting TAMs with product development, quality assurance, customer deployment, and support calls. An intern can look forward to applying their best technical chops to large enterprise environments while also building new skills, ranging from sales to scripting.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support for the TAM role and areas of relevance to customer operationalization initiatives
- Content development to solve customer challenges
- Demo Tanium to potential customers
- Hunt for bugs in Tanium modules
- Proof-of-concept support
- Production deployment support
- Technical support
- Process improvement
- Module creation
- Team hackathons
- Quality assurance testing
We’re looking for someone with a passion in the following areas:
- Automating Security and Operations - Scripting (e.g. Shell Scripting, Python, Powershell, Vbscript) common tasks on macOS, Linux, and Windows. Interns will accompany Tanium Technical Account Managers in the field and gather customer requirements for business outcomes in both operations and security use cases.
- Testing New Platform Functionality - Building and executing automated test plans and test cases for the Tanium platform and its module releases. Interns will contribute to quality assurance efforts by maintaining and adding to the existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing.
- Engaging With Tanium Customers - Supporting new and existing Tanium customers, remotely and at the customer’s site. Interns will contribute to triaging, engaging with customers, and conducting root cause analysis on live production implementations of Tanium. Support efforts will encompass security (Forensics, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Incident Response) and operations (Compliance, Vulnerability Scanning, Patching, Integrity Monitoring, and more) modules, as well as the Tanium Platform and its components.
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.