Intern, Public Policy - Corporate & External Affairs, Summer FIS University Program 2022 at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Join the 2022 FIS University Summer Internship Program!
As a 2022 FIS University Program Summer Intern, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, social events, professional development seminars and work alongside team mentors. This is a full time (40hrs/week) paid internship that will begin on June 6, 2022 and conclude on August 12, 2022.
About The Team
As an intern on the Corporate and External Affairs team, you will support work in the Government Relations function. The Government Relations team promotes legislative efforts beneficial to FIS and collaborates with industry trade groups and peers on campaigns to educate and build support of government officials at the international, federal, state and local levels.
This role is designed to engage you in day-to-day activities and projects contributing towards our team and corporate goals. You will also have the opportunity to potentially interact with policymakers, state and local elected officials, and members of the U.S. Congress and Senate, as well as apply what you have learned in the educational offerings to actual business situations.
What You Will Be Doing
- Monitor, analyze, and present information related to various legislative and regulatory policies and work with the Government Relations team to analyze potential impacts on FIS.
- Develop a wide range of materials in support of the Government Relations agenda, such as talking points, legislative summaries, factsheets, policy position papers and more.
- Monitor congressional bills in the House Financial Services Committee and Senate Banking Committee.
- Engage and collaborate with teams across the RISC organization as well as other areas of the business including, but not limited to: Information Technology, Marketing, Communications, HR, Compliance, and Sales.
- Plan and implement events and other activities to support the Corporate and External Affairs team's goals.
- Assists with the development and implementation of special projects, such as, but not limited to, financial inclusion initiatives.
What You Bring
- Rising Senior (graduating December 2022 through May 2023)
- Experience in public policy or working in government
- Ability to analyze and interpret legislation and policy documents
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and work well on a team
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What We Offer You
- Competitive full-time paid summer internship
- Opportunity to participate in projects that directly impact business value
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.