Intern, Project Management Analyst, Summer FIS University Program 2022 at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate, and above all, fun.
Join the 2022 FIS University Summer Internship Program!
As a 2022 FIS University Program Summer Intern, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, social events, professional development seminars and work alongside team mentors. This is a full-time (40hrs/week) paid internship that will begin on June 6, 2022 and conclude on August 12, 2022.
About the Team
You will be a member of a team that is responsible for the architecture, installation, configuration, and operation of tools used by FIS development teams around the world.The team installs and configures tools for source management, build, issue tracking, and code quality. They integrate the tools with other corporate systems, help teams adopt them, and help automate and troubleshoot operations.The team you'll be working with uses these same tools in their own processes, so you will be working with some of the latest tools and technologies in software development.
What You Will Be Doing
Support Chief of Staff Office in performing administrative activities and facilitating project logistics, event coordination, and project management support as needed for project, program, and departmental activities. Anticipates, initiates, coordinates, and follows up on administrative activities and special projects. Gathers data and conducts analysis as needed for a successful outcome.
- Work closely with sales, client services, finance, professional services, development, and other leveraged partners to conduct project coordination and business data analysis in support of revenue and risk governance activities led by the leader.
- Content and deck preparation for business line reviews
- Help with the preparation and execution of team events
- Development of weekly, monthly, quarterly business reporting and communication routines
- Assists in daily coordination of various assigned projects.
- Develops reports and produces materials required to support project plans including updates to project schedules, issue logging, recording, and documenting meeting minutes for distribution to project team members.
- Serves as a communication liaison between clients, project teams, and other FIS functional or department managers to understand all necessary aspects of projects and to ensure all are fully informed of objectives, purposes, and progress.
- Tracks project progress and assists in identifying and resolving obstacles.
- Assists in ensuring activities/projects remain on schedule and within time and cost constraints.
- May work with others to identify and categorize project risks and issues related to cost/estimates, schedule, and quality.
- Performs administrative tasks such as arranging meetings and/or conference calls, developing agendas, answering routine questions, preparing correspondence and progress reports, and participating in event coordination and governance-related activities.
- Anticipates needs of a project, program, and management and makes independent decisions, and takes action to meet those needs.
- Craft business communication as needed.
- Other related duties are assigned as needed.
- Rising Senior (graduating December 2022 through May 2023)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Competitive full-time paid summer internship
- Opportunity to participate in projects that directly impact business value
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back to your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.